- The Patient Centered Medical Home is a care delivery model whereby patient treatment is coordinated through their primary care physician to ensure they receive the necessary care when and where they need it, in a manner they can understand.
- The objective is to have a centralized setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, and their personal physicians, and when appropriate, the patient’s family.
- Care is facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
Five Main Attributes
- Comprehensive Care - Although some medical home practices may bring together large and diverse teams of care providers to meet the needs of their patients, many others, including smaller practices, will build virtual teams.
- Patient-Centered – PCMHs provide primary health care that is relationship-based with an orientation toward the whole person.
- Coordinated Care – PCMHs coordinate care across all elements of the broader health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care, and community services and supports.
PCMH with BCBS and EHI
- We are pleased to inform you that EHI is able to bring the Patient Centered Medical Home Program by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (BCBS) to small and mid-size practices, who can now take advantage of all the financial and clinical benefits that PCMH has to offer.
- Practices with 500+ eligible BCBS members are can participate in this program directly. Practices with less than 500 members have an option of joining with other practices to form a Virtual Practice Group to facilitate reporting and management purposes.
- BCBS requires a Population Care Coordinator (RN) to be engaged full time for every 3000 member patients in the program, to coordinate care delivery. For the Virtual PCMH Group members, EHI will provide the services of trained PCCs who will take the responsibility for Care Coordination.
MDnet V6.0 is Meaningful Use-II Certified on 06/05/2014. Please Click here for more details.